Wednesday 3 October 2012

The end of a dry spell!

I had a terrible dry spell… it’s been a month since I had my first lucid dream! I did what I normally did, reality checks during the day, started updating my dream journal on a daily basis, but still nothing. It did get frustrating actually. The only thing that I had changed was I started going to the gym!

Well the good news is the dry spell came to and end last night… In the dream I was walking down a corridor of what looked liked a museum, Again I was walking with Allan (my brother who lives in Australia) and William (my eldest son). As I walked past one of the displays I noticed a little lion. I stopped and walked back to the display, indeed there was a small little lion, the size of a small mouse! I shouted at Allan and William to come have a look, they came over and saw it but did not seem that astonished. It is then that I asked myself. “Could I be dreaming” I did a reality check and I had 8 fingers! Oh my God I thought, I am lucid dreaming.

I thought of convincing the dream characters (the people I was with) to the fact that I was dreaming, but could not be bothered as I had tried that before and ended up wasting valuable lucid time. Instead I ran to the end of the corridor and pushed open a set of double doors. In front of me was a beautiful scene, there were beautiful old buildings all around and directly in front of me lay a massive river with boats on it. I think I was in Bruges (Belgium).

I walked by the riverside for a while admiring the boats and the architecture of the buildings, things seemed a little blurry! I then had an idea of trying to fly… I imagined taking off into the sky like Neo did in the matrix, but as much as I tried I just could not do it! So I decided to take a long run then jump, which I did! Wow, I was now floating just over the ground… on my second attempt I tried to jump over the river (which now looked twice as wide as it did before), I took a massive jump and landed on a boat, another jump and I wan in front of a beautiful entrance of a hotel! I walked through the doors, and I ended up in bed!

It was not my current bed, but my old bed in the family home! On it lay my to boys and my ex wife, the children were sleeping close to their mother, I got up quietly but my youngest son noticed; he raised a hand as if for me to hold him, but I ignored this... I sat on the side of the bed and opened my eyes. All this time it seemed that I was lucid dreaming with my eyes closed or not wide open. What I could see now was beautiful, the colours, the clarity of everything was astonishing. I was looking out of the bedroom window at some trees and I have to say it is the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.

I then left the room and woke!

What a wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment